Experiencing an issue while trying to update installed apps on Xbox One s. several users report Xbox one s system update error while Trying to update system. displays message “There was a problem with the update” and gives me error code: 0x8B0500B6 0x00000000 0x00000200. for some others, You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help.
Console ID: ********
Error Code: 0x8B0500B6 0x00000000 0x00000201
A user affected by this issue complained in the online forums:
Everytime I am able to connect my Xbox One s to the internet it will automatically try and update the system. However, once it takes its time, it would bring up an error code (0x8B0500B6).
This error is apparently caused by network conflicts or Xbox Live account issues. If you’re dealing with this annoying Xbox issue, try performing solutions below.
Fix Xbox One s update error
If there are no problems with your internet connection or network, then there may bean issue with the Xbox servers. Check the Xbox servers’ status on the official Microsoft web page. If they are down or under maintenance, you will have to patiently wait until Microsoft solves the issues they’re dealing with. Wait and try the update later.
Try performing a hard reset
Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Free up space on your hard drive
When you see an error message that states your Xbox One is almost full, freeing up hard drive space usually fixes the problem.
Test the network connection
- Press the Xbox button > open Settings.
- Choose All settings > Network > Network settings.
- Select Test network connection and make sure that your connection is running at optimum performance.
Toggle between network connections type
Try switching to a different network connection. If you’re running a wired connection, change to a wireless network and vice versa.
Re-add your Xbox Live account to your console
- Press the Xbox button > select System.
- Access Settings > Account > Remove Account.
- Choose the account to remove > select Remove.
- Select Close and restart your console.
Turn the console off and restart:
- Turn off the console.
- Leave the console off for at least 2 minutes.
- Turn the console back on.
Add your account back:
- Press the Xbox button on your Controller.
- Select Sign in > then choose Add & manage.
- Enter the account login information and check the privacy settings.
- Choose a color for the profile > select Next.
- Confirm the gamerpic > choose Next.
- Choose between Save my password or Keep asking for my password.
If none of the above solutions helped you repair the issue, consider contacting the Xbox support team. You can get live support through the Support section on the Microsoft web site.