Windows Sandbox is a new feature introduced on latest Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) designed to run untrusted applications inside a lightweight isolated environment running independently from your main installation. Every time you launch the feature, it runs a new clean installation of Windows 10. And When you finish testing an application and close Windows Sandbox, everything gets deleted automatically. This feature available for Windows 10 version 1903 pro and enterprise edition only And You can enable Windows Sandbox following steps here. Overall it’s a great feature but a recent bug causing windows sandbox failed to start.
Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0xc0370106, The virtual machine or container exited unexpectedly.
Windows sandbox error 0xc0370106
Windows sandbox error 0xc0370106 mostly occurs due to some unsupported services. Restarting windows sandbox dependence services, Reset Windows Sandbox, Running this app as an administrator are some probably fixes to get rid of this error.
Install pending Windows Updates
Microsoft regularly releases Windows updates with various bug fixes and security improvements. Check for and install the latest Windows update may have the bug fix for this error 0xc030106.
- Press Windows and I key together to open the Settings app.
- Select Updates & Security followed by Windows Update from the left pane.
- Now, hit Check for Updates button on the corresponding right side.
- This will automatically download and install the pending patch update.
- Once the above task gets over, Restart your PC and see if the Windows Sandbox starts working fine.
Run Windows Sandbox as Administrator
- Type Windows Sandbox in Start Menu then right click on the well-matched option.
- Using Context Menu, select More thereafter Run as administrator form next sub-menu.
- Click on the Yes button if UAC prompts to let Windows Sandbox run properly.
- Check if this helps, Windows sandbox start normally without any error code.
Check Windows sandbox supporting services running
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and click ok
- This will open windows services console,
- Scroll down and look following services are running started.
- Network Virtualization Service
- HV Host
- Virtual Disk.
- Hyper – V Virtual Machine.
- Hyper – V Host Compute Service.
- Container Manager Services
- Also, Do the right click on each service and choose Start/Restart on the pop-up menu.
- After re-enabling each and every service, Reboot your PC.
Disable and Enable Windows Sandbox
Let’s reinstall the Windows sandbox feature following steps below that probably help to fix the issue.
- Open Control Panel
- Search for, choose the Program and Features option
- Click on Turn Windows Features on or Off option on the left column.
- Next, in the Windows Features section, scroll down and un-tick Windows Sandbox checkbox.
- Click ok to and restart windows to uninstall the feature
- Afterward, login into your PC, again open Windows Features section
- Check the Windows Sandbox checkbox option and click ok
- Let the feature to install on your PC after that restart your system to apply the feature.
- Now search for windows sandbox, right click and select run as administrator,
- Check if windows sandbox started normally, there is nor more error at startup.
System File Checker Utility
Again sometimes System file corruption also prevents windows applications to launch cause different errors include the windows sandbox fail to start. Run the system file checker utility that probably helps to detect and restore missing system files with correct one.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- type command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key,
- This will start scanning for system file corruption if found any the sfc utility automatically replace them with correct one from a compressed folder located %WinDir%\System32\dllcache
- Restart Windows after 100% complete the scanning process,
Now try to open windows sandbox check if there is no more error prevent to start windows sandbox.
Wait for Microsoft to fix the problem
Microsoft already confirmed the Windows sandbox bug prevent to start and they working on a fix. Well, uninstall the recent Cumulative update following steps below. Pause windows update for 35 days and wait for Microsoft to send the bug fix.
- Open up your Windows Settings and head back into “Update & security”
- Click on the “Windows Update” tab, and then on “Update history”.
- On the next screen, click on “Uninstall updates”
- You will then be presented with a screen showing a list of recent updates sorted by the installation date.
- Select and uninstall the recent cumulative update,
- And follow steps here to prevent windows updates being installed.
- 3 solutions to fix can’t sign into Microsoft account on windows 10
- Here 5 ways to Free up Drive Space in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- how to enable or disable UEFI secure boot in Windows 10
- How to Download Microsoft chromium Edge Dev builds in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to disable the narrator in windows 10 permanently
- how to use BitLocker drive encryption on windows 10