If you are facing a problem downloading a recent Windows 10 update, The update fails to install and throws the error codes 0x80240034 and 0x80246019. You are at the right post, here we have listed the best solution that helps fix windows update installation problems.
Windows 10 Update Failed
Sometimes VPN software can interfere with the Windows Update process. If you use a VPN connection to connect to a work network, disconnect from the network and turn off the VPN software (if available), then try upgrading again.
Make sure you have a working internet connection to download windows updates from the Microsoft server.
Clear Windows 10 Update Cache
- Click on the Start button and type cmd, right click on Command Prompt in the search result and select Run as Administrator.
- Type command net stop wuauserv into the command prompt window and hit enter (This command stop the windows update service)
- Now Open File Explorer and navigate to the following directory C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Here Delete all contents of the above-mentioned Download directory.
Note: don’t worry about these files these are windows update cache files, next time when you check for windows update this will down a fresh copy from Microsoft server.
- Again Run Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type command net start wuauser in the command prompt window and hit enter (To start the windows update service)
- Restart your computer.
Once you’ve cleared the Update cache, try to update your computer to the latest available Windows 10 update again. It should install without any issues this time.