Windows 10 version 1909 aka November 2019 Update, Microsoft’s second feature update for the operating system this year and the eighth version of the OS after its initial release finally available for everyone. As previous feature updates, this time Microsoft decided to limit the number of new features in the release and focus on making changes to the way it services, or updates, this particular release. Though 1909 will look and feel more like a traditional service pack or cumulative update to many users than it will a full feature update, technically it still is a feature update.
How to get the Windows 10 November 2019 Update
Devices already running Windows 1903 will find 1909 to be a small, minimally obtrusive update. Those on older Windows 10 feature updates (like 1803 or 1809, for example) will find 1909 to act more like a traditional feature update in terms of size and amount of time required to install it.
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+I to open the Settings app.
- Click on Update & Security, then windows update
- Go to the right pane, then click Check for Updates.
- When the process is complete, you should be able to see the ‘Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909’ message.
- Click Download and Install Now to get the Windows 10 November 2019 Update.
- Restart your computer to install the update.
If you follow these steps and do not see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909” on your device, you might have a compatibility issue and a safeguard hold is in place until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
Here a video Microsoft explains how to get Windows 10 November 2019 update.
Upgrade using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Microsoft also has released official Windows 10 Media Creation Tool for downloading and upgrading to Windows 10 version 1909. Here is how to use it to upgrade to version 1909.
Visit Microsoft Windows 10 download page here
- Click the Download tool now button on that page to download the Media Creation Tool.
- Run the Media Creation Tool as administrator.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Next Select the Upgrade this PC now radio button and Click on the Next button.
- This will start downloading Windows 10 1909 update files from Microsoft.
- This might take minutes to hours depending on your internet speed.
Once the download is completed, you will get the following screen where you click the Install button to upgrade to version 1909 by keeping files and installed programs. Note that you can change the same by clicking the Change what to keep link.
What’s New in the Windows 10 version 1909
the latest version of Windows 10 provides you with the latest features and the most secure version of Windows. New features include capabilities for:
- Quickly creating an event directly from the Calendar flyout on the Taskbar.
- Better managing notifications, including a new button at the top of the Action Center and the ability to sort notifications by most recently shown.
- Integrating OneDrive content online with traditional indexed results in the File Explorer search box.
- The navigation pane on the Start menu now expands when you hover over it with your mouse to better inform where clicking goes.
- Using your voice to activate third-party digital assistants from the Lock screen.
We continue to provide you with more control over updates, making it largely up to you to initiate when an update occurs and increasing transparency throughout the update experience. To keep Windows 10 devices supported and receiving monthly updates, Windows Update will automatically initiate a feature update for devices that are at, or within several months of reaching, end of service. Microsoft explained.
- How to Manually Update Device Drivers Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- 3 Solutions to fix machine check exception error windows 10
- How to use Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- 5 Solutions to Fix an Unexpected Store Exception Error in Windows 10
- How to fix the Default Gateway Is Not Available Windows 10, 8.1 and 7