If your device still running Windows 10 version 1809, new cumulative update KB4523205 OS build 17763.864 available for you that to fix a host of annoying problems. This is the November 2019 Patch update for Windows 10 October 2019 Update that bumps OS build 17763.864 includes security and non security fixes. And most importantly Addresses an issue that might cause the Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service to stop running and stop sending reporting data.
The latest update KB4523205 (OS Build 17763.864) available from both Windows Update and the Microsoft Update Catalog. To get the latest patch, head over to the Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates. Or download the offline installers from Microsoft Update Catalog.
What’s new Windows 10 build 17763.864
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Addresses an issue that might cause the Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service to stop running and stop sending reporting data.
- Provides protections against the Intel® Processor Machine Check Error vulnerability (CVE-2018-12207). Use the registry setting as described in the Guidance KB article. (This registry setting is disabled by default.)
- Provides protections against the Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) Transaction Asynchronous Abort vulnerability (CVE-2019-11135). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions.)
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Peripherals, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Known issues in this update
Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.
After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
When setting up a new Windows device during the Out of Box Experience (OOBE), you might be unable to create a local user when using Input Method Editor (IME). This issue might affect you if you are using the IME for Chinese, Japanese, or Korean languages.
- Solved: windows 10 black screen with cursor after login
- windows 10 Boot error your pc/device needs to be repaired 0xc000000f
- How to Scan for and remove Virus Malware in Windows 10
- Solved: Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings
- 3 solutions to fix can’t sign into Microsoft account on windows 10