Microsoft has released Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 19023 to the Insiders in the Fast ring. As per usual with recent builds, there isn’t really anything new in this build, and it’s all about bug fixes and other improvements. Even the list of fixes is pretty short, though:
Microsoft has started an experiment related to how we deliver driver updates through Windows Update. During this experiment, drivers categorized as “optional” will not be automatically downloaded and installed on Windows Insider’s PCs running 20H1 Build 18980 and newer. To install any new optional drivers available for a PC that’s involved in this experiment (including drivers for new devices that might get plugged into a PC), Insiders can go to Settings > Windows Update > Optional Updates and manually download these drivers. This experiment will be running now through November 25th, 2019.
- Resolved an issue where, if a build attempted to download and install before you had completed the first log in of a prior install (such as Build 19013), you would experience a 2-hour window before you could install this new build.
- Fixed an issue resulting in a lag processing input when running a video fullscreen.
- We fixed an issue where the quick action section in the Action Center was slightly off-center in the last few builds.
- Fixed an issue that could result in Cortana’s voice activation setting switching from on back to off after explorer.exe restarted, or if you rebooted your PC.
- Based on feedback, Microsoft has decided to remove the downloads folder from Disk Cleanup. If you liked having this option, it’s still available via Storage Settings.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
- Fingerprint readers are no longer working as of Build 19013
- We’ve identified an issue preventing Sandbox and WDAG from working.
Windows 10 Build 18956 ISO
You can download the Windows 10 20H1 ISO images by clicking on the below link.
If you are looking for Windows 10 version 1903 ISO click here.