Windows 10 has a switch to enable Bluetooth under device settings. However, to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10, you must have the hardware required for Bluetooth installed on your system.
Like every other OS, Windows 10 has a switch to enable Bluetooth under device settings. However, to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10, you must have the hardware required for Bluetooth installed on your system.
If you’re on a laptop, you’ll most likely have the Bluetooth feature. However, if you’re on a Desktop, chances are pretty good that you don’t have the Bluetooth module installed on your PC. This is because most of the motherboards for desktop PCs don’t come with a Bluetooth module on-board. To get Bluetooth on a Windows 10 desktop PC, you may have to purchase an external Bluetooth USB adapter.
How to access Windows 10 Bluetooth setting
- Open the Start menu and click on the Settings icon.
- Select Devices on the settings screen. This will get you to the Bluetooth & other devices settings screen by default. If not, select it from the sidebar on left.On the Bluetooth & other devices screen,
- Click on the toggle beneath the Bluetooth option to turn it ON.
- That’s it. Bluetooth is now enabled on your Windows 10 PC.
If you can’t activate Bluetooth for whatever reason,
- Right click on windows 10 start menu select Device Manager,
- Click the Bluetooth dropdown in the list and look for any exclamation marks by your Bluetooth drivers.
- If there is one, right-click it and then try “Update Driver,” or disable then re-enable the problem driver.
Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows
- To add a Bluetooth device, you’ll need to switch on its scanning/pairing mode. (How to do this varies between devices, but generally, it involves holding down a button on the device for several seconds before its lights start flashing or it tells you it’s ‘pairing.’)
- Once you device is in pairing mode, in Windows 10 go to the Bluetooth settings again (Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other devices), then click Add Bluetooth or other device -> Bluetooth, and it should appear in the list. Click it to pair it.
- Windows may then ask you for the device’s PIN code, which is usually 0000 by default.
Remove a Bluetooth device
To remove the device, just select it in your list of Bluetooth devices and click “Remove device.”