Safe mode is a state where Windows loads only the essential services and drivers for it to function. This helps you resolve issues with your Windows machine when it’s not functioning well in its normal state. There are several ways to start Windows 10 in safe mode here just give the best one here that will help you in any scenario.
- Open the Start menu and click on the Settings icon.
- Select the Update & Security then click on Recovery option in the left sidebar.
- Click on the Restart now button under the Advanced startup section on the right panel.
Your PC will now reboot, and you’ll be taken to an advanced startup options screen. Click on the Troubleshoot option.
On the next screen, select Advanced options » then click on Startup Settings » and finally hit the Restart button on the screen.
Your PC will reboot again and get you to Startup Settings screen this time. Here you’ll see all available booting options with their respective numbers. There will be three options for Safe mode itself, select the option you want to boot into using the function keys:
- Press F4 to boot into Safe Mode.
- Press F5 to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press F6 to boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Your Windows 10 PC will now start in Safe Mode.
Once you’re done with your work in Safe Mode. Simply restart your PC from the Start menu to boot back into the regular mode.