If you notice windows 10 not performing well, Applied every solution but still laptop lagging, not responding or startup shutdown takes a long time, then reset This PC is a good solution to reset Windows 10 its default settings that most probably fix the problem.
Reset Windows 10 without losing data
- Navigate to Settings using Windows + I keyboard shortcut
- Select “Update & security then recovery in the left pane
- Here windows represent Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup.
- Reset this PC is the best option for starting fresh.
- Advanced startup lets you boot off a recovery USB drive or disc, and allow to access safe mode, startup repair and more.
- “Go to an earlier build” option only available if you have recently upgraded windows 10 1903, that help to roll back to a previous version of the OS.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
- Next you have two option to choose “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,”
- It depends on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
- Select “keep my files” or “Remove everyting” if you chose to “remove everything” in the prior step.
- Click Next if Windows warns you that you won’t be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS.
- Now On Next Screen will show which app will be removed.
Note: Windows will contain all prebuild apps and remove all costume apps like ms office etc.
- Note down which app will remove so you can install them again after reset the windows,
- Then after click next you will prompt Ready To Reset This Pc.
- Click Reset when prompted.
Note: Resetting will
. Remove all apps and programs that didn’t come with this pc
. Change setting back to their defaults
. Reinstall Windows without Removing your personal files.
Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.
Windows 10 factory reset from boot
If windows 10 won’t boot after recent update or change that cause you can also Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment by following steps below.
- Start windows from installation media,
- Skip the first screen and next click repair your computer,
- click Troubleshoot, then reset this PC,
- Now select just remove my file and follow on screen instructions to reset Windows 10 its default settings.
This will take some time to complete the process, and start windows normally after complete the process.
- How to use Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- 3 Solutions to fix machine check exception error windows 10
- Solved: The local print spooler service is not running windows 10
- Windows 10 Boot error your pc/device needs to be repaired 0xc000000f
- how to fix DHCP is not enabled for WiFi Windows 10, 8.1 and 7