Document print stuck on queue, and try to cancel the job, it’ll stay deleting forever? This problem mostly causes when the print spooler service unable to handle the print jobs. The Print Spooler Service is responsible for managing print jobs currently being sent to the computer printer or print server. If this service ceases to work, the printer won’t print documents and you may encounter different errors
Windows cannot connect to the printer.
The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine.
How to fix the print spooler in Windows 10?
Most of the printing errors are related to the print spooler service, it’s not started or print spooler corrupted. Restart Print Spooler Service and Clear print queues from printer spooler folder probably a good fix for you.
Start the Print Spooler service
- Open the services console using services.msc
- Scroll down and look for print spooler service
- Right click and start the print spooler service, if its not running state.
- Also Right click on print spooler service and select properties.
- Make sure its startup type set to Automatic
- Now stop and start the service and click apply to make save changes.
- Check there is no more problem with print spooler service.
Reset print spooler
- Open Windows services console using services.msc
- Right-click on Print spooler service and select stop
- Press Windows + R, type %SystemRoot%\System32\spool\PRINTERS and ok
- Select everything in the printers folder and hit the delete button to remove all its content.
- Again open windows services console,
- Right click print spooler service select start.
Try to print a document one more time, check the printer should work as expected.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open Windows settings,
- Click update & security, then troubleshoot,
- Choose the Printer troubleshooter from the list and run it.
- Let the printer troubleshooter detect and fix the problems.
- Restart Windows after complete the process
- Now fire a print job check there is no more problem.
Update printer drive
- Open control panel, programs, and features,
- look for the installed printer driver and select uninstall,
- Restart windows to completely remove the driver from your PC.
- Now Obtain updated software from your printer manufacturers and reinstall only the items you need.
- Check if this helps to fix print spooler problem.
Did this help to fix the print problem in windows 10? let us know on comments below, also read;