While Microsoft is still busy getting Windows 10 version 1809 ready for re-release after what can only be described as anything but a clean launch, it released an update for the current main version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1803.
The cumulative update KB4462933 replaces all previous updates installed for that particular version of Windows 10. System administrators should see the update already on Windows Update, WSUS and other Microsoft Update related services.
Note: While it may be tempting to install the update right away, we suggest you wait at least some days before you do so unless you have a proper backup in place or tested the update extensively before deployment on production machines.
Note 2: If you install updates manually, you need to install the latest servicing stack update first on the machine before you install KB4462933 as the update will fail otherwise. The update can be downloaded from Microsoft’s Update Catalog website.
KB4462933 is a big update that includes dozens of fixes but no security updates. The update brings the build of the operating system to version 17134.376 when it is installed on a device.
Here is what is changed and fixed by KB4462933:
- Admin: sysprep /generalize failed in audit mode.
- Admin: Event Log service stopped responding until restart. Occurred when the event log was full and “Do not overwrite events” was selected.
- Admin: when calling CreateProcessWithLogonW(), Access Denied error code “0x5” was thrown on systems with more than 4 Gigabytes of memory.
- Admin: AccountName in the Event Log for Microsoft-Windows-Kerberos-Key-Distribution-Center source and Event ID 7 appeared corrupt sometimes.
- Admin: TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1 could not be disabled when FIPS mode (Federal Information Processing Standard) was enabled.
- Admin: handle leaks issue when using client authentication certificates with TLS.
- Admin: TCP connections for apps running on Windows Container failed sporadically.
- Admin: App-V packages failed because of missing file or DLL errors.
- Admin: restore of container snapshots failed because of missing files.
- Admin: fixed an issue that prevented Immediate Tasks from being deleted.
- Admin: issue prevented Scheduled Tasks from being executed until a user logged in.
- Admin: Fixed reporting issue that implied incorrectly that user rights Group Policy settings were not applied.
- Admin: Fixed Scheduled Task issue where tasks would not execute at the expected time.
- Admin: System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms reference load issue after July 10 and August 14 cumulative updates.
- Hardware: legacy Bluetooth Basic Rate device inbound pairing issue.
- Hardware: operating system stopped working when a Bluetooth device is removed.
- Hardware: Call Control issue that caused the audio service to stop working with error messages such as Exception error 0x8000000e in btagservice.dll, Exception error 0xc0000005 or 0xc0000409 in bthavctpsvc.dll, or Stop 0xD1 BSOD error in btha2dp.sys.
- Hardware: Precision touchpad issue that caused applications with child windows to stop processing mouse inputs.
- Hardware: multi-monitor issue that rendered an app in full-screen mode incorrectly after changing the display mode.
- Hardware: some applications stopped working after unplugging a tablet.
- Microsoft Edge: some documents did not appear in the debugger of the Developer Tools.
- Microsoft Edge: some extension scripts did not appear in the Developer Tools.
- Microsoft Edge: fixed a Microsoft Edge warning message issue when printing PDF documents.
- Microsoft Office: support Microsoft Office events in the “Limit Enhanced” Group Policy setting list.
- NET Framework: fixed Net Framework applications issue that caused apps to stop working with error “The process cannot access the file <name of temp file>”.
- NET Framework: Net Framework support updated for Japanese date formats.
- Other: redenomination of local currency that the Central Bank of Venezuela implemented. Also, updated Venezuela currency information.
- Other: issues with updated timezone information.
- Other: fixed SharePoint Online “couldn’t open PDF” issue when printing documents.
- Other: Windows Defender Application Guard would not launch after servicing on Windows 10N devices.
- Other: Fixed clock and date fly-out in Spanish versions of Windows 10.
- Other: application title truncation issue
- Other: Windows 8.1 app stopped working when calling ProjectionManager.StartProjectingAsync API with error code 0x80070057
- Other: some application input text elements stopped responding.
- Other: fixed East Asian text input issue when creating passwords.
- Other: addressed leak issue during window destruction events.
- Other: addressed on-screen keyboard text input issue that made suggested words appear and then disappear.
- Other: fixed issue that prevent apps from displaying popup windows or dialog boxes when in full-screen mode.
- Other: Japanese Calendar view issue that caused navigation across eras to stop working.
- Other: addressed date format issue in the Japanese era calendar. Also fixed GetCalendarInfo when used on a Japanese era calendar.
Now You: Have you installed the update?