Microsoft announced it would stop work on EdgeHTML and switch the Edge browser over to Chromium. And now you can Download Microsoft chromium (Canary Channel) Update daily or(Dev Channel) Update weekly in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
The Canary build is a raw version that will be updated daily while the Developer build is more stable and will receive weekly updated. Then as the browser becomes more stable, Microsoft will also release a beta version of the browser, which would be scheduled to release every six weeks.
Here this post we have steps to download and install the new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10.
Download Microsoft chromium edge
- Open Microsoft edge insider official website here.
- Click the Download Dev Channel button.
- Accept the license terms and click Download.
- Save the installer on your device.
- Click the Accept and download button.
- Double-click the MicrosoftEdgeSetup.exe file to start the installation.
- The browser will launch automatically after installation is complete.
You get two options, start with your data or start from scratch. By going to Settings > Import browser data, you can import data from other browsers installed on the machine.
Here a video tutorial on how to download and install Edge: Chromium developer version,
Edge Dev build 184.108.40.206 now available
Microsoft released its weekly build of the Chromium-based Edge browser to Insiders using the Dev channel. The new build, coming in at version 220.127.116.11, doesn’t add many new features, and instead focuses on making improvements and fixes to the experience.
- Fixed an issue which was preventing Hulu playback for some users. Hulu would not play on a supported monitor if there was a second unsupported monitor attached.
- The user interface now uses Windows system settings and colors for high contrast.
- When importing your data from other browsers in profile settings, a new option to import cookies is available.
- Website permissions like access to location and devices are now migrated from the current version of Microsoft Edge when you install an insider channel.
- When Microsoft Defender SmartScreen identifies a malicious site, if you open the site information flyout from the left side of the address box you will see new options to “Report as safe” and “Show unsafe content”.
- SmartScreen protection is now built-in on macOS, and the SmartScreen extension has been disabled.
- The option to disable SmartScreen is no longer available in guest mode.
- In response to feedback, we increased the width of pinned tabs to make them easier to see and click.
- The ability to export passwords to a CSV file has been restored.
- Updated the error messages seen when the PDF reader is disabled in site permissions. Different errors are now shown for local files versus web files, and the messages offer a quick link to the setting.
- In the download page, canceled downloads are now shown with gray color and strikethrough title.
- You can now use spacebar to choose items in menus, in addition to the enter key.
- When opening a menu with the keyboard, the first item in the menu is now selected by default.
How to uninstall Microsoft edge dev
This Microsoft edge Dve not replace your current version of Microsoft Edge, and anytime if you are not interested the beta edge you can uninstall it from Settings > Apps and scroll down to “Microsoft Edge Dev” and click the “Uninstall” button.
- 3 Google Chrome Alternatives For Browsing Privately (Secure Browser)
- how to factory reset Windows 10 Without affecting files?
- How to Scan for and remove Virus Malware in Windows 10
- Solved: windows 10 black screen with cursor after login
- Windows 10 Boot error your pc/device needs to be repaired 0xc000000f