Windows 10 frequently restart with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD error after installing latest updates? Or due to this Windows 10 BSOD loop system fails to start normally? The MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bug check value 0x0000009C indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred, because of driver incompatibility between windows and hardware device. Also corrupted system files, hardware failure or memory problem cause this MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD. If you are alos struggling form this error here how to fix Machine_check_exception windows 10.
First of all, Disconnect all external devices, and restart windows. Check if this helps start windows normally.
If due to this BSOD loop, System restarts frequently, then we need a windows installation media to access advanced options and perform a Startup repair. That scan and fix problems prevent windows start normally. In case if you don’t have check how to create Windows 10 Bootable media from here.
- Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
- In the ‘Windows Setup’ page, select the‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
- Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
Note: You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.
Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.
Boot into Safe mode
If startup repair fails to fix the problem, then boot into safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. Let’s start Start your PC in safe mode with networking and apply troubleshooting steps below to get rid of this Windows 10 Blue screen machine check exception.
Update the Display driver
Now when your PC start on safe mode, the first thing you have to do, update or reinstall the display driver.
- Press Windows + X select device manager,
- expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
- Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- Follow on-screen instructions to let windows check for and install the latest driver software.
Reinstall Display Driver
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. To do this
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display card driver and click Uninstall.
- Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
- After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
- The computer will load the generic display drivers.
Or go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.
Also, try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
To install the drivers in compatibility mode:
- Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties
- Select Compatibility Tab
- Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list
- Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
Restart windows and check if windows start normally without any BSOD error.
Disable fast boot windows 10
- Open control panel,
- Search for and select “Power options”.
- Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
- Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is unchecked.
Check for system file corruption
Corrupted, missing system files also, especially after Windows 10 upgrade mostly causes different blue screen at startup. Run DISM RestoreHealth command and system file checker utility that scan and restore missing files with correct one.
- To do this open command prompt as administrator,
- type DISM command and hit enter key : DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for 100% complete the scanning process,
- After that run, SFC utility command sfc /scannow press enter key.
- This will scan System for missing files, and restore them with correct ones from %WinDir%\System32\dllcache
- Restart windows after complete the scanning process, check there is no more BSOD at startup.
Check CPU and Power Supply Fans
Sometimes, Your PC or laptops fans may be stuck due to dust. In that case, Your PC may become overheated. Then, Any user may face this BSOD. In that case, You can open your CPU and then switch the power button ON and see if the fans are OK. Sometimes, You may find that fans are very slow or stuck. In that case, You will need to clean them or replace with new one. After doing it, You should not face “MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION” again.
Clean RAM Or Graphic Card slots
Also Some Times Due to Dust on RAM and Graphic Card slots you may face No Screen or Different Blue Screen Errors on your windows computer. As Hardware Troubleshooting part we strongly suggest to remove Installed RAM, Graphic Card ( if installed ) and clean the slots with a soft cloth and attach the memory / Graphic as it is. Also, Check SATA Cable And Power Cable Is attached properly on Hard Disk Drive.
This error can also be caused by an overloaded internal or external power supply, in which case the solution to the problem would be to upgrade the power supply that is being overloaded.
After performing above Steps now Close your Computer Cabinet Attach only power cable, VGA cable with keyboard & mouse Lets Turn on your Computer Started Normally.
Did these solutions help to fix machine_check_exception windows 10? Let us know on comments below.