Windows 10 Computers performance Mainly depend on CPU power and available RAM But Still, hard disk plays an important role. If your disk continuously running 100% usage on task manager, Windows 10 freezes or not responding mouse clicks here this post we have the best solutions to fix Windows 10 high disk or 100 disk usage problem.
Windows 10 100 Disk usage
Restarting Windows 10 is the quickest fix for a PC running slow or temporary glitch causing a problem.
Again disable third party antivirus application and check if the disk usages come down.
If you are unable to perform any task, then boot Windows in safe mode and apply the solutions below.
Stop sysmain (formally know as superfetch)
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok,
- This will open windows service console, scroll down and locate sysmain service,
- Right click on Sysmain service and select stop, now check if the disk usage problem solved.
If you notice there is no more high disk usage after stop the sysmain service, then disable the startp type disabled for sysmain service. To do this double click on sysmain service to open properties, Click on the drop-down menu next to Startup type, select Disabled and Apply the changes.
Reset Virtual Memory
Virtual memory use Hard disk space as RAM to swap out temporary files when it runs out of actual RAM. Errors in the pagefile.sys can cause 100% disk usage on your Windows 10 machine. And reset your virtual memory settings probably help.
- Press Windows key + R, type SystemPropertiesPerformance and click ok
- Move to Advanced tab, then click the “Change” button (Under virtual memory)
- Here Make sure the box titled “Automatically manage paging file size” is checked.
- Also chooses “No paging file” radio button, press OK and then reboot.
Check and Repair Disk Drives
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- type command chkdsk C: /f /r /x and press enter key,
- Hit Y to confirm shadule disk repair on next start,
- close everything and restart your PC, then see if repairing the drives have fixed the disk usage issue.