Windows Narrator is a program or feature which reads out lout your screen. It is more like an audio guide for the screen. This tool is quite helpful in many ways. The Windows Narrator can read your whole screen in any language of your choice. In fact, Windows narrator can read the screen in 40 languages. It can read the browser’s tabs, your screen, pop up boxes, messages, and even the images. There are many other things that Windows narrator can read for you.
Windows give you control on how would you like to use Windows narrator and what would you want it to read out loud for you. There are some shortcut key combos that you can use while using the Windows Narrator.
Also, You can easily customize the Windows Narrator’s settings like adjusting the voice, pitch, speed, select whether you would like to hear words as you type, speak narrator errors, hear audio cues when you perform an action, hear hints on how to interact with controls and buttons and so on.
Though Windows narrator is quite helpful you might not want it to always read your screen as it might get irritating when you don’t require it. Sometimes you accidentally start the Windows Narrator while logging in to your Windows but struggle to turn it off later.
If you’ve accidentally enabled the Narrator feature in Windows 10 and hear a narrator voice when you type, start your computer or mouse over an item. You can turn it off with a simple setting, here how
Turn off narrator windows 10
Its quite simple and easy,
- Hold the Windows Key and press “Enter“, to disable Narrator,
- Also you can Hold the “Caps Lock” key and press “Esc“ to disable the narrator.
If you are still unable to turn off the Windows narrator or would like to turn it off permanently here follow steps below.
- Open the control panel and go to Ease of Access Center on your system.
- Now select ease Of access center
- In the Explore all settings panel, select Use the computer without the display option.
- Here you would find the options to turn on the Windows Narrator.
- So, uncheck these options and at last, hit the OK button.
That’s all you have to do. It will turn off the Windows narrator instantly. You can also restart your computer and remove the Windows narrator icon from your taskbar.
If you are windows 10 users you can also disable narrator from the settings app.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Ease of Access, then narrator,
- here toggle off the button under use narrator to read and interact with your device.
- Also make sure to uncheck start narrator after sign-in and before sign in for everyone option.
That’s all you have successfully disabled narrator on windows 10. Also read;
- 3 Solutions to fix machine check exception error windows 10
- how to fix DHCP is not enabled for WiFi Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- How to use Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Solved: The local print spooler service is not running windows 10
- What is Safe mode boot, how to boot windows 10 in safe mode?