Having trouble signing in to your Microsoft account? A number of users report unable to sign-in with Microsoft account on UWP apps on Windows 10. And The reason why this error occurs is that either some third-party application (mostly antivirus) is blocking the operation or there is some problem with the registry saved on your computer. That results Windows 10 can’t sign in with Microsoft account something went wrong or :
Can’t sign in with a Microsoft account
This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. 0x8000704ec
Can’t sign into Microsoft account
First of all check and make sure you are using the correct email address password.
- Check email address is spelled correctly and Caps Lock is turned off
- Try to Clear your browser history
- Use a different browser for signing in to your account
- Also, temporarily disable Antivirus (If installed)
Check Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant Service running
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- look for Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant Service
- Check its running state otherwise right click select start,
- Also, change its Startup type to Automatic.
- Click Apply followed by OK.
Tweak Windows registry
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and ok
- This will open windows registry editor,
- First backup registry database, then navigate the following key
- Click the folder which has ProfileImagePath key pointing towards system profile path.
- Double-click on RefCount and change the value from 1 to 0.
Turn Off Group Policy Which Blocks Microsoft Account
- Press Windows + R, type gpedit.msc and ok
- This will open group policy editor, now navigate to
Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
- Look for the policy named “Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts” in the right pane,
- Double-click on it to modify.
- From the drop-down menu select “This policy is disabled“, and then click Apply and OK.
After the restart, you must be able to add or sign-in with a Microsoft account in apps/Windows 10.