Yes, we know it’s still 2018, but major antivirus companies are already introducing or rolling out their 2019 product line up. The first cybersecurity company that announced its 2019 offering is Bitdefender.
Most of the other security companies have launched their line-up for 2019 so you can check out now their new features and improvements.
Are you planning to upgrade to a top-level antivirus software or simply update your current antivirus version?
Read this post to learn what’s new in the most popular antivirus software for their 2019 product line updates.
What are the best antivirus software to use in 2019?
Bitdefender Antivirus 2019
The new Bitdefender Antivirus solutions are now up for grabs. The company successfully completed their Bitdefender beta testing campaign where Insiders got to test the latest Bitdefender Total Security 2019 features in advance.
More specifically, the company rolled out four product categories, each suitable for your particular cybersecurity needs:
Many independent antivirus tests have awarded Bitdefender the title of the best cybersecurity solution in the world. These results confirm that Bitdefender can fully protect your Windows 10 computer against the latest cyber threats, so that you can surf the Internet without worrying about malware or virus attacks.
Here are some of the key features that Bitdefender Antivirus 2019 brings to the table:
- Complete data protection
- Multi-layer ransomware protection to block all ransomware attacks
- Anti-phishing, anti-fraud and anti-theft protection
- Secure browsing
- Bitdefender Autopilot automatically takes care of every cybersecurity aspect, so that you don’t have to
- Global protective network to detect and nip the latest threats in the bud
- Game, movie and work modes
- Bitdefender VPN comes included in the packages for extra privacy
- Full webcam protection. Speaking of webcams, our guide of the best webcam protection software provide you with additional information on how to prevent hackers from accessing your computer camera.
- Safe online banking
- File shredder, so that you no longer need to download a file shredder solution
- Privacy firewall
- Social network protection to protect you against the latest malware spread via social platforms
- Password manager
If you’re curious to learn more about Bitdefender and how it can keep you safe online, you can check out our review of BitDefender Total Security. For more information, you can also go to BitDefender’s website and read more about each product category.
– RELATED: Best Windows 10 antivirus software to use in 2018
Panda Antivirus 2019
Panda recently updated their antivirus version and they’ll be offering it up until mid-2019. Due to this fact, the latest Panda Antivirus version lands on our list of the best Windows 10 antivirus software to install in 2019.
Panda is one of the best antivirus solutions for Windows computer. It comes in four different versions, each suitable for your particular cybersecurity needs. Here’s the complete offer:
- Panda Essential: This antivirus version comes equipped with a built-in firewall and keeps you safe while browsing or shopping online.
- Panda Advanced: This version protects your computer against ransomware attacks and offers your additional features such as parental control, app locker and more.
- Panda Complete: This tool protects your data, device location and features a password manager as well.
- Panda Premium: As its name suggests, this is the most complex Panda Antivirus version that you can install on your Windows computer. It comes packed with a Premium VPN software and 20GB of free cloud storage.
Panda Antivirus is currently 25% off, so hurry up and grab this offer.
Avira Antivirus 2019
The new Avira Antivirus 2019 product portfolio was officially announced. Expanding Avira Antivirus 2019 family – with premium Pro and free versions – the company provides security for all devices and platforms, including Windows, Android, iOS or MacOS.
The new antivirus lineup is focused on speed, size, and security against online threats. Among the key features and improvements it’s worthy to mention:
- malware, ransomware and Banker Trojans blocked and removed
- adware cleaner and spyware removal
- protection against phishing attacks
- secured banking and shopping online
- fake and infected websites blocked for a safe surfing
- unlimited access to customer support
- home network secured, scanning your connected devices
Major improvements in detection time have been done through ‘Project AGEN’. This technology replaces millions of checksum detections normally managed by Virus Definition Files (VDFs) with new pattern-based machine learning. Cutting VDF file sizes by 75 percent will speed up detection times and also speeds device startup and security updates.
Here is the complete offer from Avira Antivirus 2019 portfolio:
The new Avira Antivirus 2019 now has one of the smallest footprints on user devices of any antivirus on the market. Internal studies have shown they are averaging 2-5 times less negative impact than other security products while providing top-of-the-line security against online threats.
Avast Antivirus 2019
Avast has launched the 2019 versions of its antivirus security suites. New and improved security features include
- stronger anti-phishing tech
- Do Not Disturb mode
- Sensitive Data Shield
Along Webcam Shield and Ransomware Shield, the new Sensitive Data Shield will let you scan your computer for any .xls, .doc, .pdf, and .txt files containing private data, and monitor them for unauthorized access or modification.
This new specialty shield was added this year for the paid versions and comes to enhance the protection on a very particular part of your system.
Avast Free version has been improved with the anti-phishing feature that used to be exclusive to the paid versions.
It also gets Wi-Fi inspector, to analyze the quality of your network passwords; a software updater tool to keep your apps up-to-date; a password manager and a Rescue Disk feature that allows you to boot your PC in case of a malware attack.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2019
The latest generation of Kaspersky Lab is using basic options and multiple techniques to keep your system safe from malware programs:
- Scan – the core antivirus engine and most important feature;
- System Watcher monitors behavior and can spot even brand new, unknown threats;
- Separate layers to protect your computer from network attacks, malicious and phishing links, even dangerous email attachments.
Kaspersky’s bonus features are not so strong as the competitors and include Kaspersky Secure Connection. This is a simple VPN based on Hotspot Shield, and you can use it for free without registration, but limits the transfer data to 200MB per day.
The company claims it has improved massively in speed tests and that can be seen in almost every area of the package, using fewer resources and running faster.
Another enhancement worth mentioning is about machine learning used by an intelligent behavioral model to detect threats upon their behavior.
The price has not changed significantly and all Kaspersky products have a 30-day trial version available, free to download, without payment card details required.
AVG Antivirus 2019
The company’s main security product upgraded to AVG 2019 Antivirus protection for PC to deliver better protection against today’s most rampant threats.
The free version of AVG Antivirus gets new features that will protect you against phishing scams. Machine learning combined with image recognition make it able to detect whether a website is safe or malicious and warns you before you click on those fake ones.
Premium protection gets even better with Sensitive Data Shield that protects your most private files. This new feature takes the place of AVG Data Safe in the former privacy menu throughout the 2019 updates.
Editor’s Note: This post is work in progress. We’ll update it as soon as new information is available about the new antivirus solutions that will be launched in 2019.