Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. When you put system Hibernation mode, the computer saves the contents of its random access memory (RAM) to a hard disk or other non-volatile storage. Upon wakeup from hibernation, the computer is exactly as it was before entering hibernation. If you are Windows 10 laptop user, with default settings, you may notice a displays notification when the battery reaches the low level and turns off the PC when the battery reaches the critical level. But here we have steps to configure the Windows 10 laptop to automatically hibernate the device when the battery reaches the low or critical level. That save your work and continue where you left from.
Before proceeding, make sure that the hibernate feature is turned on your PC as it’s not turned on by default.
Enable Hibernate in Windows 10
- To enable Hibernate in Windows 10 open control panel,
- Search for and select power options
- From the left column, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- Next, if options are grayed out, select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down and check the Hibernate box, and after that make sure to save your settings.
- Now when you open the Start menu and select the Power button, the Hibernate option will be available.
Also you can run command powerconfig -h on to enable the hibernate option on windows 10. And command powerconfig -h off to disable hibernation feature on windows 10.
Hibernate Windows 10 when the battery reaches the low level
- Navigate to Settings > System > Power & sleep.
- Click the Additional power settings link present in the Related settings section.
- Also you can open power options form control panel,
- On left pane of the Power Options window, click Choose when to turn off the display link.
- Click the Change advanced power settings link to open the Power Options dialog.
- Expand the Battery tree to reveal the subtrees
- Now, expand the Critical battery action tree. Change both On battery and Plugged in actions to Hibernate.
If you wish to hibernate your PC when the battery reaches the low level, expand the Low-level action tree and then select Hibernate for On battery and Plugged in.
- Here 5 ways to Free up Drive Space in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- 3 solutions to fix can’t sign into Microsoft account on windows 10
- Battery power icon option grayed out in windows 10 settings? Try these solutions
- Solved: Microsoft Store Error code 0x80070422 in Windows 10
- how to enable or disable UEFI secure boot in Windows 10